eProdigy 750W Whistler Electric Commuter Bike
Whilst only a comparatively young company (founded in 2011), eProdigy is the result of collaboration between a leading distributor of lithium-ion batteries in North America and a motor manufacturer with 20 years of experience.
As such, it’s no surprise that their range of electric bikes have built up a reputation for being reliable, user-friendly and innovative. Specifically designed to handle a wide range of environments, the eProdigy 750W Whistler Electric Commuter Bike is packed full of unique design features to ensure riders get a smooth and adaptable e-bike.
One of the key features of the eProdigy Whistler electric bike is the patented Coaxial Bottom Bracket Motor, which is embedded inside the durable aluminum-alloy frame.
This ensures that the Whistler Commuter retains a low center of gravity and makes handling the Whistler e-bike more like riding a regular pedal-driven bicycle.
This mid-motor system uses the same single shaft as the crank system, allowing the rear gears to be engaged for higher speeds and greater torque, without having to expend greater amounts of energy.
The 750 watt motor is powered by a Panasonic lithium-ion rechargeable battery with 48 volts and 11.6 AH. This top tier battery powers can last for up to 60 miles when used in conjunction with pedal assist. With throttle on command and 5 levels of pedal assist (which uses a cadence sensor to maintain a steady and smooth motor output), riding an electric mountain bike has never been easier.
The eProdigy Whistler Commuter electric mountain bike has been tailored to excel in off road environments, with 9-speed Shimano gears to help you conquer any kind of trail and puncture resistant tires to ensure nothing holds you back when you’re out enjoying a ride.
The inclusion of fenders is a great protection for riding in wet weather conditions, whilst the Tektro AQUILA mechanical disc brakes with power cut-off brake sensor offer riders greater peace of mind that they are travelling in safety.
Weighing in at 50 lbs with the battery attached, this electric mountain bike is less ideal for those looking for a lightweight e-bike they can carry on and off of public transport. It is however a fantastic choice for anyone seeking a comfortable and reliable electric mountain bike that will excel at both on and off road riding.
- FREE Shipping to Continental USA
- Delivers in 2-7 Business Days
- Best Price Guarantee
- Patented Coaxial Bottom Bracket Motor embedded inside the durable aluminum-alloy frame
- Specifically designed to handle a wide range of environments
- Low center of gravity makes handling more like riding a regular pedal-driven bicycle
- Throttle on command and 5 levels of pedal assist (with cadence sensor)
- Tektro AQUILA mechanical disc brakes with power cut-off brake sensor
- Range: Up to 60 miles
- Battery: Panasonic lithium-ion rechargeable, 48v 11.6ah
- Motor Type: Brushless DC Motor, 48V
- Weight: 50 lbs Including Battery
- Frame: Aluminum alloy frame al6061
- Tires: Kenda, 26×1.75, puncture resistance and reflective
- Rims: Alexrims DM-18 26″
- Brakes: Tektro AQUILA (MD-M500) mechanical disc brakes with power cut-off brake sensor
- Shifter: Shimano ALIVIO Rapidfire Shifter SL-M4000R
- Rear Gears: Shimano ALIVIO 9 Speeds Rear Gears CS-HG400-9
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano ALIVIO 9 Speeds Rear Derailleur RD-T4000
- Front Fork: SR Suntour XCT V4, 80mm Travel
- Chainwheel: eProdigy Chainring, 42T
- Chain: KMC Chain
- Saddle: VL-6090 Velo
- Grips: Ergonomic Grips
- Kickstand: Rear Stay Kickstand
- Output Power: 750W/500W/350W Programmable at Dealer Level
- Control Panel: KT-LCD3
- Assist Modes: Throttle-on-Command and/or Pedal Assist Level 0/1/2/3/4/5
- Frame Size: 18″
- Wheel Size: 26″